Thursday, March 26, 2009

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever" --Psalm 73:26

It is another beautiful day, and since there's a ton of stuff on my to-do list and only a couple things to update, this is going to be another one of the very rare short posts. BUT, I do want to let everyone know about my scans and such. So, here goes...

I have my Pulmonary Function Test tomorrow (Friday) morning at 8am at Northwestern, my MUGA following that at 9:15am, and my CT scan tomorrow at 12pm. Apparently I don't actually need to do another PET scan since the last one was clear, so for now, those three tests are the ones on the calendar. The scheduler said that Dr. Gordon should have the results by Tuesday, but since I have another treatment next week, I'm guessing we'll find out the results when we go in.

As for treatment number 9 next week, I've switched it back to Thursday, so April 2nd is the big day for treatment, results, and visiting with the doctor. I feel all over the place, having changed my treatment schedule like 50 times, but while Wednesday works better to feel well for class on Tuesdays, it's not conducive to my parents coming up to the doctor visits and it also makes me feel bad over the weekends, which means I miss other commitments that I have. So, I'll just have to tough out every other Tuesday until the end of the semester.

Last thing for now--I don't think I've shared many specific ways to be praying lately other than for perseverance, but I would LOVE prayers for focus and to finish strong. "Finish Strong" is an adopted motto of mine (thank you K-West and AO), and as the semester, school year, and my college career all come to a close, I would love prayer for that. Additionally, my nurse Michelle told me that they joke about "chemo brain" which makes it hard for people to focus while undergoing chemo, but I pretty much shrugged that off. In my mind, I already take a stimulant to help me focus when it's hard to concentrate, so I figured at least I had some experience there. However, my nurse was right--which is good because we'd like my nurses and doctors to know what they're talking about. As the semester's winding down, I'm applying for jobs, and I need to be staying on task, which has been so much harder than I imagined. Sounds lame, and I feel lame for saying it, but it's true. So, I would love continued prayers for perseverance, focus, and to finish strong.

As always, I appreciate everything. SO MUCH. I will not get tired of saying that. I was talking to my roommate Rachel yesterday, and I explained that, while I've definitely learned a lot and grown so much in my faith in all of this, more than feeling like I've had these sublimely incredible experiences with the Lord, I feel like the emphasis has been more toward learning to lean on and grow with other believers--the body of Christ. As I've said, I'm fairly independent--it's just easier for me to do my own thing and I'm pretty good at doing just that--but this has been so great, not only "restoring my faith in others" as I've talked about before, but also with really realizing the necessity of being a PART of the body of believers. While we're not supposed to go to our friends for everything--God still wants our all--at the same time, we are made for relationships, and fellowship is HUGE. So, REALLY, thank you. :) Have a great day!

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,

Hannah

1 comment:

Maggie said...

cant wait to see you in april.....!